How to Unleash Your X-Factor to Build a Business That Attracts Customers While Energizing You
Whether you are building a business, starting a blog, or advancing a career, there is one word which should cause you to shudder when you hear it.
Why is this?
A commodity is something that can be easily purchased with no differentiation among competitors. Coal is coal. Corn is corn. Steel is steel.
When someone wants to buy 10 tons of steel, the primary driver is price.
When someone wants to purchase oil or gas, the primary driver is price. Whether you get your gas from Shell or Exxon doesn’t really make a difference. Yes, some brands try to suggest they have better or different gas based on additives, but that aside, the underlying good is a commodity.
Everything is becoming a commodity. I explain how and why later. But right now, that’s not important.
What is important is to ensure that you and your life’s work – your business, your blog, your career – aren’t commoditized. In other words, would you rather be like a piece of coal, or the latest Apple innovation?
Right. So how do you do that?
That’s where your Super Powers – your X-Factor – comes in.
Common tactics and skills don’t differentiate you. Extraordinary focus on your innate x-factors will. Fail to unleash your super powers at your own peril.
What do I mean by this?
If you do what everyone else does – how will that differentiate you? We’re all reading the same blogs, watching the same webinars, using the same tools. These resources are amazing because they help accelerate understanding the common, essential tactics we need.
But how do we stand out?
After much research, including diving into outcomes based on tens-of-thousands of detailed interviews, I’ve reached this conclusion:
People achieve extraordinary results by leveraging their “strengths.”
By understanding your own super powers, you, too, can achieve those kinds of extraordinary results.
Are you interested in discovering your super powers? Then read on.
This course gives you the essentials to do the right tactics with the right focus and mindset
As you may be able to tell from my podcasts and other writings, I believe Strengths can be leveraged in nearly every facet of your life: work, entrepreneurship, friendship, hobbies, relationships, parenting.
But…if you’re singularly interested in building one of the two types of businesses, this course was built with you in mind:
- a blog-based businesses
- a remote coaching, consulting or course-based businesses
If you have a product based business, either brick-and-mortar or digital, these ideas apply as well. But the specifics of the course may not immediately hit your needs. But let me know and maybe I’ll add something!
This course has audio-visual modules as follows:
Module #0: How to Discover Your Super Powers
In this module, you’ll take an online assessment to uncover your “super powers.”
But you’ll get so much more than what you’d get from a typical assessment.
The challenge with most stand-alone assessments is that they don’t effectively help you translate that knowledge about yourself into anything sustainable and actionable.
Most don’t lay out the foundation of how your particular set of strengths can be leveraged into business-building.
This module will help you to identify and understand your unique combination of “super powers,” perhaps for the first time.
With help from this module, you’ll begin to exercise them in the real world.
As you start to see the world through this new lens, you’ll lay down the foundation to start and expand your own online business.
Here are some of the things I’ll teach you:
- How to increase your sensitivity to and awareness of your Super Powers
- Just as important, how to reduce the effects of “Kryptonite”
- How to begin to figure out the unique ways your powers “manifest” right now
- How to start to “unmask” those with super powers to learn about yourself
Module #1: Why Your Strengths Matter In Business
The “villain” in the world of business: commoditization.
Once you become “commoditized,” it’s very difficult to reverse the death march to stagnation.
Yet, there are forces constantly driving you to become a commodity: Global competition. Speed of sharing information (this means everyone’s learning the same things as you). Transparency of prices, products and designs. Lower barriers to entry into your market.
When being able to meaningfully “stand out” has become more important than ever, where can someone find the resources to compete?
In this module, we’ll talk about the “big why” of understanding and leveraging your strengths when starting or growing an online business:
The little discussed secret to business success you can use right now
How you can tap into this important “x-factor” in five key areas
Why some tactics you try to use will ultimately fail for you, no matter how many gurus teach them
How your approach to business will change when you know your strengths
Module #2: A Secret to Finding Your Profitable UVP
The fastest way to making money is for you to achieve “product-market fit.”
With “product-market fit,” your business can grow despite bad strategies, imperfect products, poor execution, and the vagaries of bad luck.
On the other hand, without a good fit between the market and your Unique Value Proposition (UVP), the most brilliant strategy, shiniest product, most flawless execution, and limitless 80-hour weeks won’t necessarily lead to a successful business.
Which scenario would you want?
As you can see, it’s better to start with a great product-market fit and then add on the hard work and great tactics than to take the hill you weren’t meant to ever climb.
This module will show you how.
- How your “Super Powers” can help you uncover niches in competitive markets
- How to ensure there will be demand for your product
- How you can experience the power of passion in this business (without knowing your passion)
- A simple exercise that will let you “pitch” your UVP succinctly (and why this is critical)
- A tactic from Presidential campaigns you can use to achieve market dominance
Module #3: How to Zero In On Your Ideal Customers
It’s a given that you need customers to build a business, right?
This continues the goal of achieving true “product-market fit” by helping you to define who your ideal customers are and how to speak to them.
When you have very large markets with lots of demand, the best approach is to resonate in a distinct, visceral, and authentic way to them.
This module will show you how.
I will teach you:
- How to really get in the head of your ideal customers
- How to zero-in on their needs to understand where to find them
- How to appear as more than a noisy commodity in the marketplace to customers
Module #4: How to Create a Compelling Offer
Customers will choose you because of your UVP. What they’ll actually buy is your offer.
Once you know the market you are in and the customers you can best serve, you’ll want to create an offer that they will want to purchase.
This modules shows you how to actually define the actual offer your release that will drive your business and how it delivers tangible, distinctive value to customers.
In other words, the actual delivery of services or the actual construct of your product is the offer. This, too, can be driven by your strengths.
I will teach you:
- How to think about your “delivery mechanism” to maximize your strengths
- How to develop a customer experience that will blow away the competition – because you use your strengths
- Why the actual offer – your service or product details – should leverage your strengths and the risks you face if you don’t
- How to create an offer that helps you to reflect the full value and price
Module #5: How to Rise Above the Noise
Some people would call it building a “brand.” I like the word “personality” because it organically emerges from your “strengths.”
This "voice," "brand," or "personality" makes all the difference for some of the more successful online businesses.
Even with a specific market and a unique offer, you need to ensure your communication, brand, and persona speaks to your audience. Being able to “stand out” is absolutely essential in a crazy, competitive market.
I’ll show you how.
- Tap your strengths to come up with your best “Killer Headlines” for blogs or copy
- How to define and clarify a consistent and unique voice to customers
- Come up with “signatures” in your product and service that make them raving fans
Module #6: How to Build the Best Relationships with Partners
Regardless of your strengths, there are some basic tenets to building relationships with potential business partners.
There are certain strengths, however, which are especially good for developing relationships.
Understanding what those are can turn you into a powerhouse.
If you don’t have these strengths, rather than just mimicing others and putting yourself into a Kyrptonite-zone, learning how to build relationships based on your strengths will be less taxing and frustrating.
I’ll teach you:
- The core strengths that lead to relationships – and how you can leverage those powers even if they aren’t your strengths
- How to use your existing strengths to position your value to partners
- How to think about your potential partners in terms of their powers – so you can complement each other
Module #7: How to Enjoy More With Less Time
If you are unproductive, inefficient, and dislike your day-to-day, the business will eat you alive. You’ll lack the necessary stamina to persevere in the crunch-times.
The way you compress time and expand your enjoyment is to understand how to “operationalize” your strengths. In other words, how do you find ways to maximize time spent in your strengths while starting and building the business.
In this module, I will teach you:
- Why outsourcing without understanding your strengths can backfire
- The key areas to look at your business to extract more results in less time
- How to not get sucked into your “Kryptonite” activities
Special Pricing for First 20 Successful Applicants
The first 20 people who are accepted to the program get a discount of
$699 $379 $179 $97 $59
After the special 20, the program will go back up in price.
I’m looking for people who really “get” the idea that developing and leveraging your unique strengths is the foundation to everything else you’ll want to do in business.
In particular, you are excited about the idea of achieving the following at new levels:
- Coming up with the right ideas and market
- Developing a Killer Unique Value Proposition that puts you ahead of the pack
- Applying powerful strategies that can’t be copied to attract and create raving fans
- End the frustration, procrastination and energy drain and be productive
$59 is an amazing price for getting the essential that every high-achiever uses, often unconsciously. But the information provided, based on research interviews with over 10,000 people, can help you achieve new heights and end the frustration of me-too-ism.
But you’ll need to enter your email address and fill out the application to do so.